EarFun Air S earbuds review – The Gadgeteer
We use affiliate links. If you buy something through the links on this page, we may earn a commission at no cost to you. Learn more.
REVIEW – Like many of you, I have owned more earbuds over the years than I can count. I have tried every form factor out there… wireless, wired, over the ears, in the ears, behind the head, over the head, etc. I have enjoyed some of them, hated some of them, and put up with some of them. I have used earbuds that were meant to listen to music and had the ability to make phone calls thrown in as an extra feature. And I have used earbuds that were meant to make phone calls and had the ability to listen to music thrown in as an extra feature. So with a name like “EarFun”, I had to try them out, of course. Let’s see what happened with the $69.99 EarFun Air S earbuds.
What is it?
EarFun Air S earbuds are true wireless earbuds with Bluetooth 5.2, touch controls, sweat and water resistance, a charging case (wireless charging capable), and different listening modes for gaming, noise cancellation, and ambient noise. There is also a companion smartphone app for Android and iPhone.
What’s in the box?
- The EarFun Air S earbuds
- Charging case
- 4 sets of ear tips (different sizes)
- User manual
- USB-C cable (12 inches)
- Cleaning stick (for removing ear wax!)
- Bluetooth 5.2 – A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Battery: 40 mAh per earbud, 500 mAh for the charging case
- Charging time: 1 hour for earbuds, 2 hrs for charging case via USB-C cable, and 3.5 hrs for charging the case via wireless charging. 10 minutes of charging = 2 hrs of playtime
- Play time: Up to 6 hrs without active noise cancelling. Up to 5 hrs with active noise cancelling.
- Qualcomm® TrueWireless™ Mirroring Technology
- Qualcomm® QCC3040 SoC with aptX™ Audio Technology
- Qualcomm® cVc™ 8.0 Echo Cancelling and Noise Suppression (ECNS)
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) up to 30dB.
- 10mm Wool Composite Dynamic Drivers
- ＜100ms Low Latency Mode for Video and Gaming
- Intuitive Touch control
- Wireless Charging Compatible (Qi) and USB-C Charging.
- IPX5 Sweat & Water Resistant
- Built-in Voice Assistant compatibility
- Weight: 52 g / 2 oz.
- Companion smartphone app – switch between modes (noise canceling, ambient sound, normal), access a sound equalizer, see battery levels, etc
Design and Performance
The design of the EarFun Air S earbuds is typical of many other earbuds out today. You have a silicon tip that fits snuggly in your ears, creating a seal to keep noise out and hold it in place. I won’t make the mistake again of getting earbuds that don’t have something like this that ensures the earbud won’t just fall out of your ear. That silicon tip also helps with making a nice seal provides good sound to your ears. The drivers are really good too. I never listen to the music with the Air S earbuds with the volume turned all the way up. It’s way too loud. And like other earbuds, you have a small shaft that hangs down from the ear that provides a microphone on the tip so that it can be …….