Usually, the default Bluetooth names on many devices can be pretty boring. Whether to make it funny or personalize it, you can always rename your devices to have some fun.
So, let’s dive into how you can rename your Bluetooth devices on many platforms.
Rename Bluetooth Devices Paired with Your Device
Windows 10 & 11
Before trying out the following steps, make sure your Bluetooth device is connected. If it’s connected, open Control Panel the,
- Once you are in the Control Panel, find Device and Printers under hardware and sound.
- You will see a list of devices connected, Choose your Bluetooth device, and right-click on Properties.
- Choose the Bluetooth section on the right. You will see a Name section.
- Change the name according to your liking and click on apply.
- Restart your Bluetooth device and reconnect to see the changes.
Macbook (IOS 14 or above)
- Click on the Apple logo menu on the top of your desktop.
- Select System Preferences.
- Locate the Bluetooth icon and click on it.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth device on the listed devices.
- Once you find your device, right-click on it and select Rename.
- Type in the new name and Click Confirm.
- Find the Quick Android Settings on your device; you can get it usually by swiping down from the top of the screen or the bottom depending upon the android device.
- Find the Bluetooth icon and connect your Bluetooth device.
- Go to the small Arrow type icon near the Bluetooth icon, which will take you to more settings of Bluetooth.
- On the bottom, select the More Settings option.
- Select your Bluetooth device.
- Select Rename.
- Type in the new name and select Ok.
iPhones & iPad (iOS 14 or above)
- Go to your device Settings.
- Select the Bluetooth option.
- Connect your Bluetooth device.
- Once the device is connected, select the “i” icon on the side.
- Select the Name option.
- Cross it with the x bar icon on the right.
- Type in the new name.
- Select Done.
Rename your Bluetooth Display Name
- Find the Quick Android Settings on your device.
You can get it usually by swiping down from the top of the screen or the bottom depending upon the android device.
- Go to the More Setting window of the Bluetooth option.
- On the top, find the Device Name</…….